Job reference: CT10112
Role based in Children's Social Care Team. Knowledge of Word essential. Excellent communicator to help distressed callers and ability to deal with highly confidential information regarding children, young people and families.
1. Type from written copy and/or audio dictation machine, reports, letters, memoranda, forms and other correspondence, adjusting spelling and punctuation as necessary.
2. Maintain office and administrative systems, to support the work of the Managers and staff, to ensure effective service provision.
3. Input and retrieve client/management information as directed by the Manager including basic manipulation of data, presenting statistics, reports and other information for staff and managerial use, as required.
4. Take telephone calls and to take messages, and deal with callers to the office and bring to the attention of the Manager or appropriate member of staff.
5. Take messages and respond to urgent calls from staff working in the community, and contacting external stakeholders.
6. Contact service users when visits cannot be made or when there are unexpected changes to plans and rotas.
7. Compose routine letters and despatch standard letters as required producing meeting notes (own or other people) ensuring they are checked and dispatched.
8. Deal with incoming and outgoing post, to carry out photocopying duties and other routine clerical tasks as required.
9. Order and maintain stationery supplies and office equipment as required.
10. Assist with meeting arrangements for example register visitors, ensure hospitality is in place and occasionally attend to take notes.
11. In emergency circumstances to provide cover for the duties of other administrative assistants for example reception and the post room duties.
12. Help and assist when needed with clerical duties for all sections, so that the administration of the department continues to run smoothly.
Will require a current DBS due to the nature of the work.